Ok I may have gone a bit overboard with the title, but this soup is really good.
For *ultimate* power soup - buy all or most ingredients organic.
Here's how it's done:
1. Begin with chicken stock or veggie stock in a pot (organic please).
2. Add lentils, either cook 'em in the stock or cook in water then add to stock.
- lentils can be green, orange, or french, but buy organic.
3. When the lentils are nearly done (after 20 or 30 min's), add veggies:
- diced carrots or yams (very small pieces)
- organic mixed greens (kale, chard, spinach are good)
- diced onion
- handful of minced organic parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp olive oil and/or ghee
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- optional: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
4. Cook until all veggies are tender (the carrot and onion really).
Add salt to taste, and serve! Goes well with sourdough if you are doing bread,
if you are not, it also goes well with a spoon!
The amazing flavour comes from the lemon, the parsley, and the cinnamon. The amazing nutritiousness comes from the fact that it's got protein (lentils), greens, many high anti-oxidant spices, and numerous lovely veggies :-).
Eat with someone you love!
Hi, I'm Donovan Giraud. I'm a health coach, meditator and visionary, and I'm on a mission to help people heal themselves and evolve our world.